Contact Isaac Sweeney:
email – email@example.com
Twitter – @IsaacSweeney
Instagram – @MrIsaacSweeney
LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/in/isaacsweeney
IMDB – Isaac Sweeney
Isaac Sweeney was born in Richmond, Virginia, on April 23, 1980. If you ask him, he will tell you he is a father, husband, writer, and educator … in that order.
He has two children. His son is Gavin Marshall Sweeney, who was born in 2008. His daughter is Nora Lynn Sweeney, who was born in 2013. He married his high school sweetheart, Melanie, on June 1, 2002, and she has been his inspiration for most things in his life. Without her, he would probably be some helpless bump on a muddy log somewhere.
Isaac has been at the helm of a classroom since 2007. He’s been writing since before he can remember. He has learned a few things along the way that he will hopefully be able to share on this website.
Isaac loves writing, movies, reading, and music. He also loves learning and everything that word encompasses. Like most people, Isaac has his issues, but mostly he tries to get through each day doing more good than harm, and giving his children a life to look forward to.
If you are interested in some stuff Isaac has written, there’s a list below. There’s more out there. And there’s even more that isn’t out there yet.
Some books/ebooks that Isaac has written:
Some stuff that Isaac has edited:
- Poems on WriteAlready.com
- “The Draw,” Poetry Quarterly, Spring 2017
- “Delivering Newspapers With Elvis,” Magic Lantern Magazine, Spring 2014
- “History of Hands,” ByLine Magazine, February 2008
- “Contact Forgiveness,” ByLine Magazine, April 2007
Chronicle of Higher Education Blog
- Regular contributor to Chronicle Vitae,The Chronicle’s offshoot online community, Dec. 2013-2015
- Regular blogger for The Chronicle’s 2-Year Track blog, March 2011-Dec. 2013
- “A Novel Departure: Book Review of Fight for Your Long Day,” Academe, Jan./Feb. 2010
- “Dear Adjuncts: Don’t Get Sick,” Inside Higher Ed.com, July 2010
- “An Adjunct’s Summer Plight,” The Chronicle Review, June 2010
- “If Colleges Valued Students, They’d Value Adjuncts,” The Chronicle Review, October 2009
- Short fiction on WriteAlready.com
- “Twelve Years from Then,” 540, 2008
- Co-editor, Collegiate Strategy, January and February issues, 2011.
- Regular contributor to the lifestyle magazine Around Harrisonburg, 2011.
- “When’s the Right Time to Get Engaged?” Engagement 101 Magazine, December 2010
- “Regional Vignette: Lost River Craft Co-op,” The Crafts Report, November 2009
- “Crafters on the Verge,” The Crafts Report, July 2009
- Film Reviewer, FilmMonthly.com, Nov. 2008-Feb. 2009
- “5 Universal Writing Rules,” ProBlogger.com, 13 Feb. 2009
- “Regional Vignette: Sunspot Studios,” The Crafts Report, November 2008
- “Profile in Success: Workshops of Charles Neil,” The Crafts Report, 2007
- “Insight Gained: Braithwaite Studios,” The Crafts Report, 2006
- In four years as staff writer and then managing editor of The Journals, three weekly newspapers in the Shenandoah Valley, Isaac wrote more than one hundred feature or news articles, winning two Virginia Press Association awards for writing (and one other award for page design).